OHB is committed to helping every youth reach his or her full academic potential. Thanks to many generous friends of OHB who also believe in this mission we are able to offer our youth a number of scholarships annually.
In addition to providing financial support, the scholarship program gives us an avenue to stay connected with our youth and support them with enrollment, registration, completion of financial aid documents and occasional texts, phone calls and emails throughout their college experience.
We strongly encourage youth receiving our scholarships to attend a two-year college or trade school prior to attending a four-year institution. Age, personal circumstances and other eligibility requirements impact the number of scholarship awards. Recipients may receive up to $10,000 a year; however, most scholarship recipients are able to reach their education goals with less support.
- Participation in one of OHB’s programs
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) or be enrolled in dual credit courses
- Cannot be a relative of a current OHB employee, Director or Trustee
Required for Scholarship Consideration
- Complete the scholarship application, including the typed essay
- Signed copy of the Scholarship Agreement
- Submit one letter of reference from an OHB staff member. Please include their contact information.
- Provide proof of FAFSA application/confirmation
- If you did not successfully graduate from one of OHB’s programs, an additional essay, as noted on the application, is required
For more information contact:
Inspiration Hill Residential Living
Jacobs’ Place Transitional Living
Branching Out Independent Living
402.558.0366 ext. 105
Mail completed applications to:
Omaha Home for Boys
ATT: Scholarship Committee
4343 N. 52nd Street
Omaha, NE 68104