Established in November 2018, Omaha Home for Boys Supportive Housing Program adds to the continuum of care that sets the Home apart from other similar agencies and meets a critical need in the community. The Supportive Housing Program offers affordable, safe, temporary housing to young adults ages 18 to 26. Young men and women in the program are surrounded by on-site support services to help them advance their careers, achieve their academic goals and develop the necessary skills to lead independent, productive lives.
With the addition of the Supportive Housing Program, for the first time in the Home’s nearly 100-year history, our youth can receive support in every aspect of their lives, including education, housing, therapy and employment, all at one location. Additionally, the Supportive Housing Program meets a critical need for young adults seeking secure, affordable housing in the Omaha metro while they work on developing necessary self-sufficiency skills.
Helping Youth Reach Their Full Potential
The Supportive Housing Program is designed for young adults ages 18 to 26 who are in need of safe, affordable housing and additional support while they develop the skills needed to thrive as responsible community members. The Supportive Housing Program is a true independent living program offering a number of wrap around services to tenants:
- Independent Living Specialists to assist with goal setting and mentoring
- Rentwise courses to prepare clients to be successful renters
- Education regarding apartment living
- Employability and career advancement training
- Training regarding education options
Housing & Rent
The Supportive Housing Program consists of two apartment buildings located at 919 N 48th Street. Each building consists of 4 two-bedroom apartments and 1 one-bedroom apartment.
Rent is based on a sliding scale with tenants working toward paying full rent without any assistance by the end of their stay. The maximum duration of stay for youth is 24 months.
The Supportive Housing Program offers both entry level and advanced level opportunities. Omaha Home for Boys oversees the advanced level clients who must meet the following requirements for admission.
- Young adults ages 18 to 26
- Those with children in their custody are welcome to apply
- Minimum 30 days of employment
- Willing to work with an Independent Living Specialist on employment advancement or education training
- Complete application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete an in-person interview
- Provide proof of employment
919 N 48th Street
Omaha, NE 68132
Transitional Service Manager
402.558.0366 | F 402.558.7184